Girls in Uniform – Like A Star
Nicole Brenny has been Vague-à-bondeing her way around North America lately, leaving her Minneapolis home for Montreal for a few months, and she now finds herself in Brooklyn. It was in Montreal that she launched a brand new project called Girls in Uniform, and we had the privilege of having her play our Pop Montreal party. Her first single is finally out, and it’s a mixture of frantic samply weirdness and soft’n’sweet cooed vocal refrains. Experimental pop at its finest.
Premiered by our Berlin brethren No Fear of Pop.
Pure pop goodness from Minneapolis superstar Vague-à-Bonde! New EP out April 1st!
1. Galaxius Mons – Cup My Aching Mind (Crazy Epitaph)
2. Great Marble – In the Air
3. Ken Park – He Says I’m an Island
4. Blue Hawaii – Try to Be
5. Petra Glynt – Sour Paradise
6. Jake Finne – Black Panthers
7. Negative Beach – Vacant Home (Demo)
8. Violence – Façades
9. Vierance – Beaches
10. Doldrums – Anomaly
11. Crowns – HLYLND
12. Bliss Club – Breeze Punk 2
13. Potpourri of Pearls – James and the Cold Gun (Kate Bush cover)
14. Rakam – Le Jazz Dans la Rue
15. Coxkarnn – Blud for a Sec
16. Jeremy Greenspan – Sirius Shake
Amazing new project out of Minneapolis! Behold Negative Beach!
A “Vogue Boy” video treat from Nyteowl for their awesome song “EZ Boy.”
Really loving this track from Minneapolis’s Nyteowl, great bedroom R&B over a lush chillwave soundscape. His album Life is out November 13.