Tag: Potpourri of Pearls
New electro epic from our fave Philadelphia crew, who keep delivering pure gold. Potpourri of Pearls!
Potpourri of Pearls have made a new video and I will dutifully post it here for your viewing pleasure. This one appears to be a new track from them and it is unsurprisingly great and features that pitch-shifted vocal effect that those Montreal kids have made so popular recently. The video is probably not safe for work. Maybe? A beefcake advisory is in effect.
1. Galaxius Mons – Cup My Aching Mind (Crazy Epitaph)
2. Great Marble – In the Air
3. Ken Park – He Says I’m an Island
4. Blue Hawaii – Try to Be
5. Petra Glynt – Sour Paradise
6. Jake Finne – Black Panthers
7. Negative Beach – Vacant Home (Demo)
8. Violence – Façades
9. Vierance – Beaches
10. Doldrums – Anomaly
11. Crowns – HLYLND
12. Bliss Club – Breeze Punk 2
13. Potpourri of Pearls – James and the Cold Gun (Kate Bush cover)
14. Rakam – Le Jazz Dans la Rue
15. Coxkarnn – Blud for a Sec
16. Jeremy Greenspan – Sirius Shake
We’ve been posting a bunch of Potpourri of Pearls recently, but we really can’t stress enough how much everybody should go to their bandcamp and buy this record. This video predates the relatively recent release of the album by almost a year and is adorable and disturbing in equal parts. There’s also a guy in it who looks a lot like J.K. Simmons and some seriously raunchy lyrics concerning the Dakotas.
Potpourri of Pearls are from Philadelphia (Pennsylvania is totally a border state if you sort of cheat!) and put out their first record, Why Does Coco Cry? in November. It’s a wildly eclectic collection of Hi-NRG tinged synthpop that at turns recalls such 1980s electronic luminaries as Communards and Dead Or Alive. Good Arrangement is the leadoff track and it’s deliriously enjoyable. Super sweet horn cues, slinky bass line, and a cheeky little bridge. Also worth checking out, their cover of Kate Bush’s James and The Cold Gun.