Public Service Announcement: do not wear flowing garments while next to fire on a windy day. ESPECIALLY if you’re doing it REALLY CREEPILY as Katherine Warner does in this video. Vierance have really stepped up their game as of late, and the new single from the sophomore EP absolutely delivers on all the promise we’ve seen from them. Semblance is out now on Deth Records, a new label fronted by Toronto’s SINS.
This band still is quite mysterious to us, but I think that’s the general idea. They are one of the gothiest that we’ve heard in a long time, which, of course is always great in our books. Toronto’s Vierance make scary, atmospheric sort of sad gothic synth punk. They recently released a four song EP on their BandCamp, and it is well worth your time.
1. Galaxius Mons – Cup My Aching Mind (Crazy Epitaph)
2. Great Marble – In the Air
3. Ken Park – He Says I’m an Island
4. Blue Hawaii – Try to Be
5. Petra Glynt – Sour Paradise
6. Jake Finne – Black Panthers
7. Negative Beach – Vacant Home (Demo)
8. Violence – Façades
9. Vierance – Beaches
10. Doldrums – Anomaly
11. Crowns – HLYLND
12. Bliss Club – Breeze Punk 2
13. Potpourri of Pearls – James and the Cold Gun (Kate Bush cover)
14. Rakam – Le Jazz Dans la Rue
15. Coxkarnn – Blud for a Sec
16. Jeremy Greenspan – Sirius Shake
Dreamy track from Toronto’s Vierance. There isn’t much information about them online, but on the strength of this track they’re worth looking out for.