Tag: Young Galaxy
99. //ZOO – Softcore
97. Rhye – Open
96. Dirty Beaches – I Dream In Neon
94. New Zebra Kid – 5 a.m.
93. Alvvays – Adult Diversion
91. Ylang Ylang – Temporary Opalescent Death
89. Paradise Animals – Day Fort
87. Wormwood – Leaves Like Lemons
85. Young Galaxy – New Summer
83. Freelove Fenner – All Things Break Through
79. Chevalier Avant Garde – Hilary
77. Police des Moeurs – Nuit (1991)
7. Cyclist – Under The Sun (original by Andrew Clarke)
5. Man Made Hill – Supernatural (original by Phèdre)
1. Jeremy Greenspan – Drums&Drums&Drums (original “Drums” by Laurie Spiegel)
Montreal’s Young Galaxy have shown themselves to be amazing remixers this year, we’re still really into their take on Rachel Zeffira. But their Holobody remix, of one of our favourite songs of last year, tops it wethinks. Sounding huge!
Check out Holobody’s brand new album here.
New Young Galaxy video, directed by Ivan Grbovic.
Montreal’s Young Galaxy flex their pop muscles on Ultramarine, their fourth album and second since shape-shifting into an electronic outfit with the help of production from Studio’s Dan Lissvik. This album sees Catherine McCandless taking over full-time lead vocalist duty, and she shines while delivering earnest romanticisms and soaring choruses over bright synths and summery percussion. The release date is timed perfectly with the season, allowing the record to serve as the opening credits for the warm weather memories ahead. While opener “Pretty Boy” has the strongest emotional impact, it’s the earworm hook of “Priviliged Poor” and the hopeful lyrics of “New Summer” that keep drawing me back in.
Ultramarine is available through Paper Bag Records.
Young Galaxy delivers one of the best remixes we’ve heard this year – it’s a chugging krautrock dark electro epic, not what we’d have expected from them. Briliant!
Brand new Young Galaxy video!